Sunday, July 18, 2004

Time for an update (partly to give Sherene something to do when she's bored)
 
I am currently a week-old overqualified secretary. They say I'm a trainee engineer, but it sure doesn't seem like it. The first few days of work were dreadful, just like any other first days. I was literally watching the hands of the clock tick away as I waited for the golden hour - 5.30pm! Although leaving my house at 8.15 just to arrive on the dot at 8.30am is like a dream for most people!
 
Within those 9 hours, my best friend is the telephone. That's because I have no internet access (yes, gasp! horrors!) and my job is basically to make phone calls to suppliers to check on their quotations and products. It's been quite fun talking to some nervous and too-eager-to-please suppliers, pretending I actually know what I'm doing when I haven't even been to the water plant yet! Hopefully next week I'll get to visit the water plant which is an hour's drive away.
 
Haven't been all too sociable the past week. So it was a good thing Virus invited most of the Amanian Interactors and Sugi to her house for a little party. Nice catching up with everyone, even if London and UK talk dominated most of the conversation.
 
Also managed to hold a committee meeting on Thursday. Go us! Finalised more things regarding the camp. It's all coming together nicely now. With a push and a nudge here and there... we'll get this committee moving! M-nite ideas are blooming as well! And I'm not telling you what they are... you'll just have to come and see for yourself and be amazed! Oh yes!
 
Alright then, till the end of next week. And remember, a computer with no internet is virtually dead!