Saturday, July 03, 2004

News Flash #1
Mummy and Daddy are finally back from Singapore. But that certainly doesn't mean my babysitting burdens have been lifted off me (so sorry, I can't do weekends for the next 2-3 weeks). Instead I'm mum's chauffeur, dad's nurse and my sister's punching bag. Anyway it's good to have them home again and be treated to REAL malaysian food.

News Flash #2
Lionel's in town. I went down to Lot 10 to meet him and his army buddies, who are very sweet in trying their best to limit their mandarin and speak more english than is way past their norm, but I appreciate it. We walked around Petaling Street and Jalan Alor, perpetually eating (the national past time in Malaysia) and haggling for clothes and tit-bits. I'll be seeing him again tomorrow. Hopefully with Amar and Soha as well, if they're not too lazy.

News Flash #3
Evelyn, my all-time favourite scholarship officer, called to say I may be getting a placement for my practical training soon. Yay! No more aimless bumming around days. I just can't work right without some rigid monotonous schedule to help me mark the days. No, I'm serious!!! Without a fixed uni time table, I'm quite at a loss as to how to pass the days.

News Flash #4
Nah, just toying with you...