Saturday, June 19, 2004

Linstead's Going Down dinner was yesterday. I made a bet with Rich that I would take only an hour to get ready. I was out of my room in 45 minutes and carefully trying to climb 6 flights of stairs in my high heels to Lionel's room to fish for compliments before Amar could take me down a peg or two (I stupidly told him I was going to wear my birthday dress earlier... without thinking of the repercussions...)
Dinner was of course a dissapointment. But the pretty balloons kept me happy. There was clearly less excitement as there were many missing Linsteadians. Our own group was a rather small, only Amar, Soha, Fong May, Darren and me. And the music at the disco was all cheese! Oh well... an expected end to the year at Linstead.
Best part of the night: Rich impersonating Karim with the head of a mop under a baseball cap over his own hair!