Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I don't want to jinx this, but:

We're signing the housing contract today! (*Woohoo! - Vivian style*, I don't think many would believe me if I say I have a friend who bounces around like tigger from Winnie the Pooh and frequently "woohoo"s, but I do!).

We being Yi Shan, Lu, Lu's sister Yue Shuang (Jac and I are still adamant we heard her introduce herself as Yu Wei!), Lionel and myself in one household, Jac, Vivian, Marvin and Fidel in the other. And we're going to stay in the same building! It'll be like FRIENDS.

And we're getting the most expensive apartment. It's going to cost me 100 pounds a week. But what the heck! Lionel's happy and that's priceless.

We've got 2 huge double rooms and 1 single room. And we've got a balcony! No fight for the ensuite bathroom (advantages of being the fairer sex in Imperial), and another one in the corridor. The kitchen isn't huge but it's cosy and modern looking and I had this strange vision of myself cooking in it when I stepped in yesterday even though I didn't know I'd be getting this house (I wanted the basement initially).

Well, wish me luck! I have to look for my cheque book now. I do believe I've forgotten how to write a cheque again.