Friday, June 11, 2004

I must be the only EEE/ISE first year who's not in a post-exam high. Honestly I don't really feel any different today than I did while still in the midst of exams. Alex say's it's because I was too slack throught them. He might actually be right.
So while everyone was at Ministry of Sound getting wasted, me being my usual anti-social self went straight home right after exams and started filing all my notes since Lionel was at the A*Star dinner. By dinner time I had completed 2 terms worth of notes. And by the time Lionel came back from dinner I had filed all my past year papers, lab reports and courseworks and was just about to take a nap.
But instead of a nap, Lionel came up with the brilliant suggestion of watching the last Friends episode I had been denying myself for ages! Went over to Jac's room to confisticate her entire 10 seasons of Friends from her (btw, if you're reading this Jac, you ought to be studying!!!), remembered that my CD player wasn't working, so went up to Lionel's room instead to watch it and promptly fell asleep after that. Didn't realise I was THAT tired as I didn't wake up till the sun was peeking in through the windows.
After dragging myself out of bed, I managed to catch hold of Lu to help me carry stuff back from Diana's (the ex Msoc secretary) flat. It took half an hour to reach Diana's flat and probably longer walking back with 4 plastic bags of stuff! And the lack of exercise after 5 weeks of studying was really punishing! Ran a few errands on the way back which included picking up a bottle of shower gel for Lionel. Bodyshop has discontinued the grape seed line (much to Lionel's dissapointment) so I picked up a melon seed one following Lu's discretion from a selection of strawberry, papaya, mango, coconut and brazil nut (Amar says he would have picked mango! G--)
Reached Linstead to find there had been a fire alarm... on polling day! What with Linstead being a polling station and all. Sabotage, I tell you! Then hurried off to college to pass a backpack back to Zeus, picked up 2 paninis for lunch (no not for myself alone!! For Lionel too... I'm not THAT piggish!) and back to Linstead again... feeling highly accomplished for having run so many errands in one morning alone.
I think the effort of it all just got to me, as I fell asleep in Lionel's room after wolfing down my panini. I can't stand my room anymore. The still air and all 23 degrees of heat is unbearable. Lionel's room on the other hand is the proud owner of a desk fan! Sometime while I was sleeping, one of the spanish cleaners knocked on Lionel's door and handed him a parcel with Amazon printed all over it! Yippee! Our books had arrived. Which included Alex's scouting for boys by Sir Baden Powell. Incredibly dodgy title when you think about it. An old man like Sir Baden Powell writing a book on how to scout for young boys and where to find them... *cough cough*
Another fire alarm later (this one smelt of char kway teow! Oh damn... now I'm feeling hungry), and a phone call to mum and a much needed second bath (honestly it's hard to survive a day in this heat without at least 2 baths!), all of us traipsed over to the Main Dining Hall in college for dinner, as our Linstead dining room was still full of voters. What a sight! Everyone's allowed to vote. Even us! And I haven't even voted in my own country yet. How ironic!
After our usual dose of Simpsons, I started to tidy up the dinner accounts and do laundry simultaneously. Panicked for a moment when they didn't seem to balance. But after a few thorough checks everything balanced perfectly! I'm so proud of myself and my rusty accounting skills! Although we haven't really worked out how much each of us has to pay for Carla (Amar's birthday present... go figure!) and the alcohol of which there is still enough to try and get Amar wasted again.
Wrote 2 Brownsea postcards to my brother. Flipped through some of the holiday photos Lionel wants me to sort out. And now I think I'll finish reading my new book before going to sleep.
It's been a long day...