Monday, June 14, 2004

Everyone expects me to be a happy carefree june bug these days. It's been 5 days and counting since my last paper. But somedays when I look at the post-its on my desk, I want to cry.
Is it too much to ask for people to live up to the promises they made before accepting their responsibilities? Is it just too much to expect people to fulfil their promises which they noddingly agreed to? Or am I being to hard a task master? Perhaps I'm being overly ambitious and shouldn't expect things to be done efficiently without procrastination, day after day, week after week. It's just me isn't it?
I'm an overzealous committee member in any committee I've worked in. Before I go to sleep each night I tick off an imaginary checklist in my head, and I wake up most days with an alarming feeling that something urgent needs to be done TODAY. I can't let things rot... my heart palpitates if someone reminds me of something I haven't done. And I take on more than I can manage, always! I nag and I scold and I bug people. Sometimes it gets the job done, other times it turns things against me.
But what can I do? I cannot bear to see things fall to shambles, knowing that I know how to make it happen. You may not like me for it, but I WILL make it happen. I won't be Miss Popularity any time soon for it. It'll be a thankless job. But you are so darn right!

I'll do it anyway because that's just me.