Saturday, May 19, 2007

In pursuit of happyness

Intentionally misspelled.

I'm never very good at celebrating the end of exams. In the first year, I came back and sorted out all my notes and filed them neatly into two big ring binders. I only stopped for dinner. In my second year, I started reading up on z-transforms almost immediately after the end of the-worst-digital-paper-in-the-world to begin my UROP project which didn't go anywhere. Last year, after Control, we ended up being conned by Jia Hong into producing a careers powerpoint presentation for MSoc when all we wanted to do was to get the hell out of EEE. Which I think we eventually did, and headed to Masala Zone for a good dinner and a good laugh with old friends. After which I proceeded home to sort out my notes again. It's like an after exam ritual.

This year however, my notes are still in complete disarray. Exams have been so long and draggy, I've forgotten how to get out of exam mode (apart from sleeping disproportionately long hours every day). I had drinks with ISE at the union on Wednesday and Wei Kiat treated us to dinner on Thursday and I spent all of Friday in a blur of Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs and CSI.
I can just feel my life becoming exceedingly worthless if I don't start on my Final Year Project anytime soon. I know I'm going to regret this! In the mean time, I'm heading out to get stuff to make the very overdue cheesecakes I've been promising the 3rd years and I've decided to cook Pandan Chicken tomorrow. Yes, I'm free. Very free!