Monday, May 21, 2007

On fire!

Linstead's fire alarm went off three times yesterday. Once at 7pm, once again at 10pm and the last one finally woke me up from sleep at midnight. I was so confused I turned off my alarm clock when the last fire alarm went off.

While we were huddling outside Linstead in the cold, waiting for the alarm to go off and the A-ok from the fire officers to enter the building, I could hear lots of cursing and veiled threats at the apparently irresponsible person who had managed to set off the fire alarm, not once but THREE times! What could only make it worse was the number of people who had to be dragged away from their books in the middle of the exam period, THREE times! The story going around Linstead is pinning the blame completely on room 212, and I'm letting that story stay.

Well at least until Zhern's exams are over and he will no longer get angry at the real person who set off the 7pm alarm, otherwise face the prospect of having no dinner.