Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's raining. So I can't go to the post office. It's not a torrential thunderstorm, the way I'd like it to be. But its heavy enough to make Greg's belated birthday card more belated than it already is.

Yes I forgot.
If it helps, I remembered right up till the day itself, and then in the fiasco that was a Control Systems exam, I forgot. I just plain forgot.
And I deserve it. For making a fuss about my own forgotten birthday.
Lets call it a truce. Ok?

Anyway, I've steered away from lampooning our local education/scholarship/entire government system, because this is just much more interesting. Come on, admit it! How many of you have visited SarongPartyGirl since the 'scandal' exploded on a 6 by 4 in the Singapore Straits Times (or the tiny Lion City column [which also means snigger at the perasan kiasus down south] in the Star)? And how many of you went there explicitly searching for this?

For an extremely narcissistic SPG (although, seriously... those tippex sharp tits are scary!), who speaks volumes of her experiences, she clearly isn't any dumb Ah Lian. And the brouhaha the media is throwing at her isn't worth it. Although I really find Kennysia's parody rib tickling!

------

In other news... Michael Jackson has been acquitted of all charges as I predicted. In some foreign xenophobic island really far in the south, I hear a mentally deranged ex-classmate still screaming ectastically. You guys know who I'm talking about. That aside, I am glad MJ will not be doing time. His music is still magic to me, and to kill that magic in our usual blood-thirsty societal way is like chloroforming Tinklebell. Hey they're similar. They're both extremely white and extremely skeletal and extremely make believe. I'm contradicting myself aren't I? Tell me when to stop.

------

I'm starting work by reading the introductory chapter to Digital Speech Signal Processing. I have to re-study Z transforms simultaneously. Its amazing how I managed to completely flush all I studied for my exams out of my brain, and this stuff I was mulling over just 2 weeks ago is just as foreign as... say... Ebonics.

------

Oh, the sun is out again. Time to strut out to the post office in my Ralph Lauren sunglasses.

I love summer!

Who doesn't?

Sandwich Shop, anyone?