Wednesday, May 24, 2006

No rest for the wicked

The 'end of exams' in no way equates to 'going home'. Please stop asking. It'll be an eternity and a month before I'll even get to kiss the 30 degrees sunny air back in KL.

Oh how I miss home. I wake up in cold sweat at night from dreams where I am denied char kuay teow and assam laksa! I want to sleep without a blanket, wake up to the smell of mee yoke, run to the nearest mamak in Teva's sandals and shorts for roti canai (with garlic cheese, please), lie on my bed with the latest Cleo magazine and listen to monsoon rains, drive my sister around, flip through the pages of The Star and listen to Light & Easy on 105.7fm.

But home is so far away, when you're spending 8 hours a day in labs, and the remaining hours at home brushing up on Java and getting up to speed on things like multi agent systems and robots and virtual timestamps. They are as foreign to me as they are to you.

The mice in my house seem to be having a better time than I am. They were even so kind to leave me a note after I made them chocolate oatmeal cookies.


Note to self... have to apologise to mice for lack of time to make more cookies.