Friday, April 14, 2006

Vishnu Easter?

As I am trying to ignore the hunger pangs of a Good Friday abstinence (which I do not cope with very well and thus I reeeally hope I'll be forgiven for making a cup of Milo so I will be able to make it through the long reading of the Passion during mass with some level of clarity) I want to wish all my Tamil brudders, sisters, machas.. and yes, you Bhai.. a Happy Vishnu, Puthandu Vazthukal, and may Sugania's search for a worthy Brahmin husband (minimum height requirement 5 feet 9, must speak English, must love dogs, and must be able to withstand very insensitive and crude remarks from her over protective friends) bear fruit. Please refer to Sugania's blog for a study text of the Tamil, Bengali and Malayalee New Year.

Happy Easter to the rest! Don't you just love how our multi-racial festivities so nicely clash, and yet its still not made a public holiday? One of the best things about being in Malaysia (for me) is how you can sit in a friend's house, drinking Jack Daniels in front of a big picture of Ganesha and call Bhai a Bhai and then insult everyone in Chinese and Malay with so much laughter and friendship.