Saturday, March 11, 2006

If you are in EEE or ISE please take 2 minutes now to go to www.union.ic.ac.uk/vote to vote Charlotte for treasurer, and if you're a doll you'll also vote Gary aka Siulun Leong for Chair. Thank you, now please continue reading.

I'm trying to muster enough courage to go to the Vidal Sassoon Academy for a badly needed haircut. Would anyone like to go with me? I'm not sure that I can face the scissors of a drunken bohemian Russian by myself.

Malaysian Night 2006 was last Saturday and my favourite bits are in the videos below

1. The immensely creative Hakka-inspired Dikir


2. The Chinese fan dance (especially Wei Li's bit)


3. Ayish's Bharatnatyam solo bit


4. And the funky Hip-hop bit


I would put up all the songs too, but there aren't any good videos of them and Alan's beautiful voice just doesn't come through quite as well on a limited bandwidth. Oh well, I know the ex-comm's tired of me saying this but - SEE! I TOLD you Alan could sing!!!

All videos are courtesy of Tock. And as much as we (the ex-committee) loved M-Night 2006 (I mean the acting, the jokes, the whole plot was WOW)... we couldn't help meeting up the next night at As Greek As It Gets for a 'bitching' session. Or in other words, we were just trying to relive our own M-Night memories through the latest one.


That's the old team - CL, Cheng Chun, Tock, Nicole, Tao, me and Jia Hong... and you can just about see half of Ayish! Ah... days gone by...

I have a feeling Amar is rolling his way down to London from Warwick as I type. The darkening clouds have to be a sign.