Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thank God, one of us got in!

I'm not a big fan of Oxbridge - number one because my parents put so much pressure on me to apply and number two because I really didn't want to go to another Raffles-like institute of excellance and number three - take me out of the city?? Hell no!

So to whet my parent's appetite for at least one graduate from Oxbridge, I sacrificed my little brother.

Anyway he was over the moon when the offer from Oxford came in. I was too! I always knew my brother deserved it, after his heart wrenching disappointment when he didn't get into RJC just like his sister did. And I'm also very happy that he won't be in Imperial, running to my house everytime he wants a good meal, or just a meal and someone to don his socks! My brother can't look after himself. He believes that's what sisters are for.

So now that my parents will have in their hands one graduate from Imperial and one from Oxford, my 15 year old sister fears having to go to Cambridge to complete the holy trinity. Tsk! Over achieving families!