Saturday, May 07, 2005

Just passing by.
It's a Beautiful Saturday morning! But it will rain this afternoon. Getting to Chinatown and back in the rain will be most fun. Our supply of asian food products has hit an all time low. That usually means we're running out of the essentials like IndoMee or Lingams or Kicap Manis. This time we've run out of easy-to-cook Lee Kum Kee sauces. No one has time to prepare proper meals with exams coming up, yet we can't bear to compromise our usual proper, 'wholesome' dinners. (A dinner of rice, 1 meat and 1 veg is as wholesome as it gets in Emperor's Gate). And after Lu's sister decided to use my Asam curry to cook BEEF last night (like, huh???) I think a trip to Chinatown is not just justified, it's out of desperation!
Oh yeah, I finally finished off the Da Vinci Code in a day. Not so brilliant. Not so captivating. I cannot stand Americans writing about Europe. As for the church and the sacred feminine, not even a hint of a whisper about Mother Mary - THE sacred feminine of the church. Wonderful fiction though. Why didn't I do more code puzzles when I was a kid? Then I wouldn't be an engineer!
Otherwise... I was just passing by here.