Friday, December 03, 2004

Viewership of this blog has probably dropped tremendously... save for the few attacks on Xiao Kai in the tag board which never seem to cease.

I'm struggling to familiarise myself with Borland C++ GUI. I know I shouldn't have left it till this late, but I was still relying on my safety net of having programmed C++ for 2 years back in JC, but it's been more than 2 years since I coded my last C++ program.

And instead of finishing my programming project, (which I'm highly tempted to throw if it wasn't for my ambitiousness to score perfect first classes), I've been working my ass off on the MSoc membership card. It sounds trivial, but in reality my entire week was devoted to designing, printing and laminating 200 plus little cards. There Chris and I were on Tuesday, fiddling with Photoshop from 6pm till midnight, trying to salvage what we could of our lost design, revamping the old design, building the back of the card from scratch. Then on Wednesday from 6pm till 8pm, I sat with Lionel in the SAF comp labs, arduously watching each of the 24 pages struggle to be printed every 5 minutes! And from 8 till 9pm I practically broke my back bending over the cutter in the Library, slicing 200 little pieces of paper. Then on Thursday, not much was heeded of my call for help (although I greatly appreciated the help in pasting all the photos - which was done in less than an hour! See what happens when we work together??!!). But as one by one everyone left for their own afternoon activities... I was left to slice another 200 little cards (the back of the card this time) and then headed home to paste, trim and laminate them... card by card... thanks to SingSoc's little laminating machine (I didn't fancy staying in the EEE stores room until late, laminating cards). My housemates and I worked diligently until we laminated the final card at midnight with a sigh of joy and relief!

I really don't mind doing all this work. I was born with an irresistable need to do things for others. But is it just me, or am I the only one who wants to give it my best? I would once in awhile like to be asked if I need help, rather than rally for support everytime.

I'm feeling pretty much broken in spirit. I'm taking leave till end of the term. I need some time to myself and my struggling studies. If even XQ notices that I'm skipping Digital lectures, its high time I bucked up!