Saturday, December 25, 2004

On this day is born to you a Saviour... Gloria in Excelsis Deo

Christmas is getting quieter and quieter every year. As my cousins get married off, one by one... the festive cheer is dying down. And now, there aren't anymore Christmas eve gatherings. There's no one around.

So we had a lovely little Christmas dinner all to ourselves, prepared by the three of us. Then we put up the Christmas tree, opened presents and went to sleep.

This morning Daddy drove us to a little church in Sungai Buloh (because he said it would be nice to support little fledgling churches on Christmas day... and not get stuck in the massive hot, noisy and sweaty crowd at our usual churches). I suppose I survived the service with a few cynical thoughts running through my head. But that happens when I'm not in a Catholic church. And since it was Christmas, I told myself to shut up.

Got a christmas present from Greg - a surprise email this morning. Probably one of the better highlights of my day. Man, I still miss the way we used to talk about Christmas and church and everything...

Had the usual family lunch at my aunt's house. Albeit with a much smaller family. As I said before, no one is around. My nephew is adorable. There will be more of them tonight at my uncle's house. The little kids. Maybe I'll try to be nice for Christmas. But I only like the ones that don't scream...

I'm tired. Christmas isn't what it used to be. If I had a Christmas wish list... I'd want to have
1. Lionel with me and not anybody else for Christmas
2. Be back in cosy Emperor's Gate
3. Have Mum roast a huge chicken with stuffing and cranberry sauce for family dinner
4. All my cousins back for Christmas
5. My lost CD collection returned to me

Merry Christmas!