Tuesday, December 14, 2004

And just as a side note...

... friendster is getting too freaky for me. If the theories of peer pressure applied to me, I am actually reaching spinsterhood while others are making plans to have a second child and I should be desperately plotting to get a ring on my finger (heaven knows why... they irritate my skin anyway...). When you chance upon 3 married friends (with an average age of 22) in less than 10 minutes on friendster... it starts to alarm you. And it's no less alarming when friends you speak to insist on getting married before they reach their mid-twenties. What ever for? My boyfriend helps me with laundry every week now. Matrimonial vows will probably reduce laundry rates to 0.026%. It's the gospel truth! And somewhere in the small print of the pre-nupt there's a clause which says he will be tone-deaf to your whining and will only buy you flowers when he's forgotten your birthday.

Maybe I should call my mum tomorrow and tell her so-and-so is married... and freak her out for the fun of it. We just love annoying each other, me and my mum. That's why God made us such thick-skinned, hoity-toity, in-your-face women... who still expect our men to help us with laundry.