Friday, December 10, 2004

It's 3am in the morning and I just have to blog this! Lionel's all curled up under the snuggly duvet and tightly clutching the big fat duck feather pillow I bought him last term and snoring like a little pig. He looks so blissful, and so huggable! But I'm not supposed to wake him up. Darn!

Chien Liq treated Lionel, Fidel and I to coffee today. Just a good old chat with friends (both new and old) over warm mugs of Chocolate Mint Milk, Eggnog and Gingerbread. Sometimes its just nice to get a bunch of people who hardly have anything in common and just laugh like old friends. Thanks for the treat... hope it made you feel a leeetle bit better, if at all.

I managed to make it for the last bit of the Emmanuel carol service today. Rushed into the darkened MDH after German and surprisingly found a seat. After I'd pulled myself together from the cold outside, to my surprise I found MSoc and Singsoc people seated all around me. And right in front of me was in fact Amar (falling asleep) and Jia Hong. In fact the carol service was packed with more Asians than Caucasians... makes you wonder... a little.

The singing was nice as always. I would have liked to have been at the whole service, but well, no one told me I missed anything. In fact rather the opposite. And I suppose all was well... I'm always apprehensive about sermons and speakers. And I do miss the odd Christmas Carol. With my head filled with C++ and Motor Speed Controls, it's hard to feel the Christmas spirit.

Anyhow, I've finally drawn a resistor through VCL and Grace will be here in less than 10 hours. All will be well with the world. Peace on earth, good will to men.