Sunday, November 28, 2004

It's that time of the year again... to drag a bus-load (make that 2) of Malaysians up to Nottingham for 'the Games', make sure everyone gets a sandwich and a drink, ensure that all the players are where they should be at the right time, and then hit the town (but returning in time to cheer which ever team gets into the finals... I predicted Basketball and I was right!)
So after meeting up with Amar, who's positively haggard... what have you done to yourself, man?... Lionel and I left Notts Uni to do the tourist thing. I called Jilly who had some trouble giving me directions to town and to Nottingham Castle as she said it would be quite complicated. Guess what, Jilly? I got on Rainbow 5, just as you said, and got out when I saw the 'Robin Hood Tales' and lo and behold, what was right in front of me? Nottingham Castle! (Which was quite a dissapointment... I mean how many times can you try to burn and destroy a castle?)
After awhile we got tired of the whole tourist thing (especially when we started to see Malaysians with cameras at every turn), and we came to the conclusion that Robin Hood was overused. It wasn't just the 'Robin Hood Tales', 'Friar Tuckers' and 'Robin Hood' estate agency... it was the Robin Hood Knights Tandoori Restaurant that did it! And Adrian swears there is a Roo Bee Hoo Chinese Take-away in Notts too! I'll check with Jilly on that one!
Lionel and I eventually made our way to the Christmas markets (quite reminiscent of the markets in Austria and Germany) but after a really good pub lunch (London pubs completely outdone in this case!) the shopping bug got the better of us (oh alright, just me) and I returned to Notts Uni just in time to support Basketball finals with a new coat and a new pair of boots. Lionel and I unfortunately got off the bus at the wrong stop (the Lakeside) and thus walked the entire length of Notts Uni back to the sports centre in the dark. Its times like these you just have to love the bright London lights!
Well, IC MSoc did a great job at the Games. We didn't lose that many first rounds. *grin* and we were all so good and got on the buses on time! And didn't give Charlotte a headache, I say cheers to all of you!