Saturday, November 13, 2004

Ladida...

Here's to a lovely autumn day. Azure blue skies with nary a cloud. Bloody 6 degrees weather. And shivering icey fingers (thank goodness I never went to medical school... my patients would have died of shock from cold fingers!)

We're all at home awaiting the arrival of Amar. Except for Lionel. He's in Nottingham playing volleyball and probably grumbling about it.

So what's been up since all hallow's eve? It's hard to recall. The last 2 weeks went by in a flash, and now its the weekend again. In short this is how the last 2 weeks probably went (probably, because my mind is in quite a blur, wreck by committee dissentions and piling up homework and unvisited relatives)

  • Started first round of M-nite auditions. 4 hours of listening to auditionees (whilst trying to film them... smile, you're on Candid Camera!) and I'm sick of my own script. Wrote a whole new scene in one night for the second round of auditions. I'm starting to really like Leslie's character, even if he is the baddie. Finalised the main cast yesterday and e-mailed all the final auditionees this morning. I hate dissapointing people, because I didn't get a role in the main cast myself last year and it was downright annoying to find out people who simply couldn't act had gotten a part (and I don't mean any of my comm members - I thought you guys were brilliant). Nevertheless, our final cast has a damn load of talent. I'm now trying to fit in supporting cast members, because we just can't waste all that lovely lovely talent!
  • Pumped up the inflatable sofa. Very comfy for watching movies on, and I suppose Amar can use it as a bed when he comes down to London. Got an idea to fill it up with water so it becomes a water sofa bed... but decided not to, in case Yi Shan decides to rear little tropical fish in it, which he really thinks is a brilliant idea!
  • Met up with Michelle and Andrew who were down from Sheffield for the weekend. Ying came along too and was surprisingly the earliest. I kept a look out for pink flying pigs. We had crepes at the Creparie and then bummed around in my room for awhile. Ah... I feel like I've done my bit with keeping up with old friends.
  • Went round to Kristina's for a little potluck dinner together with all the Emperor's gate people. German pancakes and salad, roast duck and chicken wings with chilli char siew sauce and not forgetting Marvin and Jac's wine... cannot imagine a more international feast. Quite a merry night just chatting away and listening to renditions from Kristina and Marvin (who was attacked by a "No, hombre, no" speech impediment).
  • Finished reading half of Dorian Gray. Fell asleep while reading it last night. Lionel claims I was talking in my sleep. Don't like the idea of self portraits anymore.

And so that pretty much rounds up my boring two weeks. I'm trying to ignore my homework but I hear Laplace Transforms calling. Integrating e^x^2 is interestingly quite a challenge still even though Ying says it can be done. I need to work on double integrals.