Tuesday, July 22, 2003

My daddy has been hospitalised for severe leg pain and possibly pinched nerves caused by his last slip disk.

Most of my life I've always thought of my parents as indestructable beings (who would possibly live forever if they didn't keep saying we 3 kids would be the death of them). But the idea of my dad lying in a hospital (hospitable?) bed for a week is unbearable. My daddy has been an athelete and a sportsman for most of his life (which is needless to say that I, his firstborn, was a dissapointment when at the age of 2 it was obvious I had very poor hand-foot-eye coordination). Even in his 50s, my daddy is still regularly playing badminton and tennis 2-3 times a week and golf on the weekends. But now we're waiting for the doctors to tell us what is wrong with my Daddy's legs. I can't help but worry due to my lack of bio knowledge... and I cannot imagine an immobile daddy. The biggest nightmare for a sportsman has to be the loss of the use of they're limbs. I don't want it to be that way for my daddy, and yet the whole family has to accept that neither of my parents are getting any younger (they're old parents to begin with)... and that old age comes with weakness, pain, diseases... and eventually death.