Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Alrighty then, to make up for yesterday I guess I should upload two poems today, so here's another one. Oh, I suppose I’m not really uploading my poems in chronological order. I’ve plenty of poems here that are without dates and I can only vaguely recall why and around what experience I wrote them.
I recall this one clearly, because Joon Kim read it out rather animatedly while we were stacking chairs for assembly in Form 2. Dear, dear Joon… where art thou now?
This also brings to mind the time I was an X-Files fanatic and was inclined towards the spooky, mysterious or outer-worldly. Oh yes, Sugania and Choo will never let me forget those days when I fancied masquerading as Agent Dana Scully. But I’ll let you in on a little secret; I still want to be an FBI agent if I could work with as quirky (and cute) a partner as David Duchovny.



The Haunted House

Many welcomes to my humble abode
Yes it’s always draughty here
Don’t worry about the door, it closes by itself
And don’t mind the wailing wind, my dear.

Have a seat on my coffin, while
I get my ghost of armour to bring you tea,
Just tell the poltergeist to stop fooling about,
Floating dishes is just his source of glee

Oh, that picture, I’m proud of it,
Its eyes follow you everywhere you go,
And here’s my great, great grand mummy,
She’ll be up in a minute or so

That tapping on the wall? It’s just
The poltergeist again
And here’s the Incubus’s bedroom
He’s out finding a bed partner in vain

May I introduce you to Mr Bones,
He loves clanking his chains round the house,
And Madam Trot-about who lived here once
Carries her head under the sleeve of her blouse

And here is my room of torture,
This is a guillotine and here’s a spike
They squashed you on these wheels you know
If you didn’t do something right

Oh the screams you hear are just
The Banshees practising their songs,
They usually wail on full moon nights,
And often I howl along

What’s that my dear, you say?
I’m growing whiskers, why you’re right!
I’m turning into a werewolf, after all
It is a full moon night!

Beware, my dear, run as fast as you can,
But you cannot get away,
For in this haunted house my dear
Forever will you stay!!

4/3/1997