Friday, October 06, 2006

Oversensitivities

I think (and I'd agree with you that I usually don't) that the world is becoming much too sensitive. I was on my way to Rome when the Pope came under fire from the Muslim world. I came back to London to find Badawi demanding an apology from Lee Kwan Yew on the marginalised Chinese community (not true meh?). And today the first thing I see on BBC.com is a heated debate on Jack Straw's views on the tudung.

We should all just bite our tongues from now on. Opinions are not welcome. It's enough to spark off another casual Monday morning bomb attack.

--------------

The world and its affairs aside, I'm feeling particularly lazy. I really should be getting dressed and going to see the bank about not being able to change my address online. But these Thai fisherman pants my brother bought me are reeeeally comfortable, and I don't feel like changing out of the just yet.

My room is a big big mess. I have a pile of stuff. Just stuff. Because I have yet to find out what's in that pile. But no time to sort that out now. Final year projects to sort out first.

It's been meeting after meeting. Lecturer after lecturer. And a list of 180 projects. I've scaled mine down to just signal processing and control theory projects, and I'm refusing to even look at the computing selections because it'll just make it worse. I'm adamant about doing a proper engineering project this year. It may be my last chance to play with wifi's and visual imaging and 3G networks and sensors, before being sent home to deal with roadworks and water plants in my sponsor company. God forbid I end up in the IT helpdesk.

It's a boring life these days. Freshers are distracting when they only have to worry about having fun...