Sunday, June 11, 2006

One Guinness, please

We've got a new dog at home. My Malaysian home that is. In London we have a 'no pets' rule, after the disaster that was house training Yi Shan.

Anyway since I wasn't around, my brother decided to get the biggest, meanest (not to mention ugliest) dog he could find... and eventually settled for a German Shepherd Labrador mix. I wanted a jack russell, but when you're not on Malaysian ground you have no say, like all other things. At 3 months old he (the dog, not my brother) is bigger than Chelsea, my aging cocker spaniel, and is scaring the living daylights out of her. For the record though, Chelsea is scared of everything. Chelsea doesn't think she's a dog and I'm quite sure she isn't very happy having this young pup running circles around her. But she's growing too old to guard the house (or knock over pots which is her greater talent) so bring on Guinness - good dogs come to those who wait (and have dog treats)!

When my mother sms-ed to announce the arrival of the latest bundle of joy, I turned to Lionel and said "How much more tak halal can you make a dog in Malaysia?". My sister wants to change Chelsea's name to Carlsberg now, but my mother has stopped her from confusing the old girl even more.

I shall end abruptly here. I have to finish commenting code which seems to be taking longer than actually programming it.