Saturday, June 10, 2006

The day they deported me from the UK

... was the day I didn't support England in the World Cup.


No, seriously... what is it with all of you and the fact that I don't support England? It'd make *some* sense to me if you accused me of not supporting a phenomenal team (sorry, but that's a term that only refers to Brazil). It'd make sense if you accused me of not supporting England's best players (Theo Walcott? Hello?? Has England no other strikers? Come on!! The kid's never even played in a first-team game for Arsenal before). It'd make even the slightest sense if you accused me of not supporting a team with a savvy manager (Sven-Goran isn't even British! And he's playing a team that's half unfit/injured... and one with a broken metatarsal, who claims the doctors don't really know anything because in reality he's just broken his foot! It's Swede swede revenge on the English... oh that was a bad pun, you know it!).

But no... what I get is a whole bunch of nonsense about "But you live in England, why aren't you supporting your home country's team??!!??" with a dollop of wide-eyed horror.

The world is full of idiots. I'm convinced!

Now if I did support my home country while I was living in Singapore, I doubt the sentiments would have been the same. No, they would have been far far different.