Thursday, April 28, 2005

My command of English is deteriorating drastically.

I can explain convolution of signals and modulation and demodulation very eloquently, but I can't put together a 2500 word essay on Virginia Woolf, even after laying all the facts down before me.

You know that feeling when the word you want is on the tip of your tongue but you can't, for the love of God, spit it out? That, for me, is occuring at a frequency of 3.5 sentences! I'm beyond being horrified at my own inadequacy.

I am doomed. Doomed to sentence my artistic/literary self to euthanasia. Doomed to grow white hairs which I will pathetically try to dye while staining the rims of my very thick old fashioned glasses and be cursed with a bad complexion for the rest of my engineering/scientific life. The prophetic words chanted by 9 year old boys who threw paper chalk bombs at me in pri school shall eventually be fulfilled. No one can runaway from the curse of being a nerd.