Sunday, April 24, 2005

I need to blog this quickly before Lionel complains I am spending too much time typing away and annoying him with the stagnated staccatos of my keyboard (maybe it is annoying, but I can't hear anything with these earphones on, thanks to you!)

Today was a really full day. One of those days where you realise you haven't spent a single moment loitering around the house wondering what to eat next or what to surf on to next and ignoring that essay you still haven't started on. Instead I managed to do a million and one things while still ignoring that essay I haven't started on. I feel very accomplished.

Task number one was to wake up on time (the task was not to wake up, it was being on time!) and get dressed so that the two Emperor's Gate households could be taken out for a dim sum lunch by Fidel's mum. Only power restaurants like Royal China (which we all believe is being run by the Chinese/Hongkey mafia) can command a queue of more than 20 people half an hour before it's stated opening time, although I was possibly more afraid of Fidel's "we are leaving at 11am SHARP" threat than missing out on being first in line for dim sum. Lu's plan today was to reunite with his dim sum girl whom he spotted (no, actually I spotted), when we were at Royal China last friday due to his dad's treat. Yups, we have been frequent visitors of Royal China lately. It's all good when parents come to visit.

Task number two was to go to Oxford Street to get more thank you cards. I discovered that my brain doesn't really work all too well when my stomach is digesting carrot cakes and instead of walking towards Marble Arch where my favourite bookshop is, I walked towards Tottenham Court Road. Which wasn't too bad since I used the walk back to pop into several shoe shops. Couldn't decide on which one to buy because Lionel's voice of reason was booming in my head (which was along the lines of "NO! You can't buy PINK shoes! What are you going to match it with??!!")

Task number three was to marinate some chicken for tomorrow's dinner with the ISE girls. I have embarassingly FFK-ed every single ISE outing there has ever been since the dawn of man, so there's no escaping this one. What is it with me and my classmates? I used to avoid hanging out with my classmates in JC, at all costs. (Sometimes there are just small clappy things you've had enough of duling school hours itself, what more after school hours! So you can't brame me, can you???) But I do like my ISE coursemates. I really do. But I'm not all so keen on partying and boozing till dawn with them.

Task number four was to do menial errands - such as laundry. I interspersed waiting for laundry by sorting out the thank you cards to be posted off by the juniors with the programme books and DVDs. Oh and some where in between that I had dinner too, which Yi Shan cooked. God does work miracles. This is the third time Yi Shan has cooked this week. When I commented that his wife will surely thank me for house training him (makes him sound like a terrier) his reply was "Aiyah, why lah? I will surely find a wife that can cook!". Girls, beware! If you cannot cook, you are not YiShan ISO compatible. I feel sorry for Yi Shan's wife already.

Task number five was to get rid of the old bananas by making caramelised bananas with rum and cream. My household is getting fat. And I'm not helping.

And task number six is to stop blogging and finish reading the waves before my brain shuts down on me.

And just like Amar I shall end with a quote - No se ría de las cotizaciones de Amar