Thursday, April 21, 2005

I've had it with all things intellectual (my current Communications II notes inclusive). This blog shall return to the nonsensical trivial stuff I'm so used to spouting.

3 books arrived today in a BIG box with BIG bubble wrap. Unfortunately it wasn't the pop-able kind. Looked more like toddler arm-floats. Anyway back to the books. There was Bill Clinton: My Life for Lu, The Oxford Dictionary of Classical Myth and Religion for Lionel and Spike Milligan's A Children's Treasury of Milligan for me. All for 7 pounds. More books for our bookshelf! Including the entire set of Peguin Book Great Ideas for 10 pounds. Yups, that's 20 books for 10 pounds! I'm pretty engrossed in the Spike Milligan. I've loved his insanity since I was 6 years old. I swear my kids will grow up on Milligan and Roald Dahl instead of Mother Goose and Enid Blyton and sing about cows that go Bong! and monkeys that say Boo!. It will definitely boost a healthy imagination.

I have one more essay to do to wrap up my Literature course. Virginia Woolf and mordenism. It would be so very very interesting if my mind wasn't saturated with AM and FM and source coding and entropy. No, signals and Virginia Woolf aren't good bedfellows. Even if I end up reading both of them in bed.
Most of the time.
All of the time.

The MNite DVD is out. I don't know how much it costs yet, but you are very welcome to pay me what you think it is worth. Around the range of 10 - 15 pounds will do. We're not merciless profit makers. (I'm kidding, it should be less than 5 pounds). I don't know if I'm excited or apprehensive about watching my baby as an audience instead of a crew member. My family has already watched it, and they loved it (because I wrote it... they are so supportive...) but my mother always overexaggerates when she's praising me, so I'm keeping my expectations low. Oh alright, medium.

Oh yeah, and maybe I'll just mention it here that Prof Constantinides accepted me for a UROP project for DSP algorithms, so I won't be back in Malaysia or Singapore till September. Please don't hit me! It's not that I don't want to go home, I do! Ever so much! But it isn't that easy to get a UROP project especially in a topic I'm ever so interested in (yes, I'm nuts! but digital signal processing *is* CooL! end of story!) and I just have to try this out so I know what to do for my 3rd and 4th year. I'll bring back chocolates. Forgive me yet? Charme, Sher... I swear we'll finally meet up and have that oh-so-long bitching session we've been needing so badly!

Alright. I'm tired. Another day has passed and I probably didn't know it.