Sunday, May 02, 2004

The more free time you have the less the chances are of you spending it on working! Ever tried that?

Today is the second day of the long weekend. Bank Holidays aren't dished out generously enough, so don't mind me dancing with joy over a Monday holiday. Maybe my initial plan was to work my ass off and proudly produce a completed coursework, lab report and extensive knowledge on management by Monday, but my plans have screwed up as usual.

Beginning with a very long MSoc comm meeting in my room on Friday evening - 10 people thrashing out the Fresher's Reception, and then scaring Chien Liq silly with the 'Milkshake' video (the most violent reaction we've seen so far). [Half time advertisement - Have you got a wicked sense of humour? Then ebaumsworld is for you.] Followed by a walk to Odeon with the whole gang to see Kill Bill. (Dissapointing! Nothing can beat the style of the Oren Isii fight scenes. And Pai Mai? Honestly! Lame!). Came back at nearly 3 in the morning. Lionel and I put 2 garlic baguettes in the oven, fell asleep and woke up 40 minutes later to find the kitchen in smoke! Luckily the fire alarm didn't go off. No one would be amused at being woken up at 3 in the morning by a fire alarm.

Woke up really late on Saturday. Nah, woke up early enough... just couldn't get out of bed till 1pm. Then helped the DSTA girls carry the picnic stuff over to Hyde Park for Kai Leng's birthday picnic. Played frisbee with the Singaporeans in the cold... brrr... Need a proper coat! I think I'll go look at the pink ones at High Street soon. Did other miscellaneous and unblogworthy stuff and I still haven't started on work yet. I amaze myself at how well I can waste a day!