Saturday, May 22, 2004

I have an Analogue paper at 10am on Monday. I really should nail that to my wall in BIG BOLD red letters. I'm far too relaxed for my own good. And I don't know why I'm not freaking out yet. It's not that I'm any more familiar with analogue (which is now no longer a distant relative thrice removed but an unbearable in-law). I'd have to be (what's that word Sanjeev used? oh yes) a muppet to fail Analogue... but I do believe I might just be one!

I have to admit to a conspiracy regarding next year's group research projects. After struggling by myself to complete this year's design project (which is 10% of the year!!!) due to my two rather non-existent group mates (whom I honestly hope and pray pick up at least SOME programming skills before the end of the course or else become only PSEUDO Information System Engineers) I quickly made a pact with my new ISE buddies (who bully me like hell, but are at the very least competant programmers and interesting people) Kunal and Jeff, and well Sanjeev (because I pitied him) and my lab partner, Menaka (because I pitied her too) to form a project group for 2nd year. Much to my horror I discovered yesterday evening that one of my 'would-rather-sleep-than-go-to-labs' design group project mates had intruded into our little group without my consent. Sanjeev wasn't too happy about it either, so this morning as I dropped in the group project form I nonchalantly filled in only 5 names. It's probably mean. It probably means there will be a drifter who will be chucked into one of the smaller project groups. But I just CANNOT work with my group mates again. Not after what they did to me! Not when I almost single-handedly programmed an entire project meant to be handled by three people! Some days, you just have to guard your own ass.

I think some people are playing table football now. 1 AM is always foosball time in Linstead for us.