Thursday, May 13, 2004

Hadn't been reading blogs in awhile, so caught up with the usual regulars.

The Rafflesians have been blogging about Move and Groove. And I'm sitting here as the London sun sets and thinking how I should never say never.

Like how when I first set foot in RJ, I said I'd never fit in here.
The day I signed up for Odac, I told myself I'd never be an active member.
And certains 'never's I told a certain geek
And when I left RJ, I said I'll miss the people, but I never thought I'd end up feeling sad over the thought of a building with just so many memories now being put to rest.

Do you know what I see when I think of RJ moving?
I see the sun setting over the track and the lights blink on, one by one in the specs gal. I see birds flying overhead to nest for the night as the echoes of Odacian voices and a basketball fade away and runners finish their last lap. I see the Odac room covered in a greyish hue, and the bean bag sits silently in its corner, the gel bottles have dried up and the immortalised words on the blackboard are wiped off. I see the few lingering councillors clear miscellaneous rubbish off the Council room patio, and behind it the ropes have come down from the rock wall and the gate is locked. And I see a bunch of 20 hungry, tired, sweaty (and probably stinky) Odacians leaving the Odac table in a delightful mess - which I'll never get to clear up - as they head to Ghim Moh for Johnson duck rice and a train noisily passes by for the last time...

Maybe it's time to pack away some memories in unlabelled cardboard boxes tied in sweet pink ribbons and let them set sail with the wind. Please stop haunting me...