Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I've learnt today...

That little niggling dreams can be weaved into reality. What if you hadn't listened to the little voice inside your head tell you that you can make a camp for 50 freshers from all over Malaysia happen? There wouldn't be a bunch of freshers gathering at Midvalley today, even before they venture over to the green (grey?) pastures of London.

That my days as a young, naive fresher are over. That suddenly it's dawned upon me that I'm a senior. That I've grown older, younger, wiser and dumber all at once.

That I miss London, I want to go back. That my time here is up. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Once you go away, coming home is never the same. Home isn't home anymore. But I've outstayed the hols, and I have to go back, even though my little sister is in tears because she doesn't want to be left at home alone.

That only in your last week of holidays do you think - "Gosh, I won't step into midvalley for another 3 months" or "This is the last plate of GOOD (unadulterated) curry laksa I'll eat in awhile"

That it's nice to have nice seniors. A good nice wholesome bunch of EEE seniors. (psst... Happy Birthday again, Andrew!). Besides learning that you can get lost in Jacob's house and it takes sometime to find out where the toilet is in the washroom when there's a choice of 4 to 5 doors!

That I want Lionel to come back to I can whine, grumble, complain and pout like the spoilt 3 year old inside of me... and so I can listen to him too...

That my haircut isn't so bad after all. Once it grows... it looks even better than the right side of a baboon!