Friday, October 24, 2003

Seeing that my birthday isn't that far off (just 3 months more... give or take a week or two) I think it's fair to start requesting for birthday presents, whether or not I am likely to get them. The last time I requested for birthday presents (a long list of stationary including A4 paper, highlighters and glue) I got exactly what I wanted and I've never requested for any presents since then.

This present on the top of my list this time is the piano score for Les Miserables. Since downloading the entire album off someone's shared folders (the name shall remain anonymous since I don't want him knowing that I've also been snooping around his picture files), I just can't get 'On My Own' and 'A Little Fall of Rain' out of my head. I even sing it when I'm walking back from the Union alone at night... it sounds ludicrous but I feel safer when I'm singing while walking back past 10pm on my own.

So there you go! No more spending long days pondering about what to get me for my 21st birthday! No more browsing around gift shops trying to remember which soft toy you've already given me twice or which book I haven't read yet. No more worrying that your present will be chucked aside as an obligatory ugly desk ornament. I've made it easy for you! Yes, I always think of you before my own self, don't I?