Sunday, October 19, 2003

*groggy*
It's 10:35am and I just rolled out of bed... literally... which is quite painful because me bed is just slightly less than 3 feet high.
I'm wondering if I can still make it for church! hmm... bad bad me... oh there's a mass at 12:30! Thank god for the Internet. Saves me from walking down to the church in the cold to check what time masses are.
Heating has been turned off this weekend. I have to check every few minutes to see if my toes have turned blue and are in danger of frostbite.
I need to tie myself to my chair today and actually get some reading or problem sheets done. I must be the only engineer who hasn't borrowed anything from the library. Damn you conscientious hard working nincompoops!
I've been on a study hiatus since friday night, beginning with the Linstead Hall coming up dinner (read: black tie event --> omg! what to wear?). Didn't see much point in looking *really* nice just for these bunch of freakazoids whom I see in the halls everyday and treat me like an annoying beatle who's in their way but too defenceless for them to crush to death. But you quickly realise what great stimuli a pretty dress and make-up are for conversations. Guys are now making the effort to ask me compulsive conversation starters, i.e. :"So how was your day?" and "How is it I've never seen you before?". That's because you're a shallow dope and you don't look any girl in the eye who's just come back from college looking like an accident involving files, bits of paper and horribly coloured sweaters.
The night was pretty fun, asians sitting at a fully asian table... making politically incorrect jokes in Manglish and Singlish, knowing no one else would realise we were actually speaking ENGLISH!
We played a fun game that night: guess who's shagging in the guys toilet. It was Yi Shan's fault, coming out of the mens with digust written all over his face saying "Guess who's in the toilet". Wasn't difficult to put 2 and 2 together as more and more guys came out with bemused smiles and a "I know something you don't know" look. Anyway didn't even need to guess since Angela was going to spill more than I needed to know the next morning.
Spent a lazy Saturday morning just being lazy. Finally got dressed and caught a bus down to Oxford Street to do some form of shopping with Soha. Then after getting lost a few times, we made it to Holborn where Ying and Jas were waiting for us with a warm cooked dinner. I love these LSE people... they all cook! Then went over to Ying's hall to play some disastrous pool (specific to me only) and by the time we decided to make a move, it was past 11pm.
I wouldn't have minded the time if it was Spore or KL, but London at night *is* quite scary, as Soha and I found out when we were literally almost running through the empty subways passing by plenty of dangerous looking homeless people. We were utterly joyful at the bright and warm sight of Linstead Hall even though it was past midnight. Must stop all these late night rendezvous, really!