Friday, October 10, 2003

First week in university = generally unexciting.
Think I'm in the wrong place. I'm not a drinker, I'm not a raver and I need my 8 hours of sleep no matter what.
Haven't made any real social faux pas yet. Did the "Hi! Charlotte. Malaysian. Information Systems. Triple E department" thing approximately 50 times. Got mistaken for a Singaporean at least 20 times. No one ever mistakes me for a PRC... thank God!!!
Weather has been very kind... everyone's getting suspicious of it.
Making friends is easy. I go around saying "Oh my goodness... you cook? Really? Ok, you're my friend!"
Built a car... out of polo mints, chewing gum, straws, rubberbands and balloons. Proudly designed the whole poster for the presentation. Some guy said I should be in art school instead of engineering. Don't really like engineers anymore... just because I'm the minority sex here... *pout*
EEE department is like India and China. Literally. Caucasians are a minority. I always seem to end up in places where the locals could easily be wiped out if the foreigners revolted.
I'm very happy with my student ID photo though *beam!* I'll post it up when I actually get my room internet working. Idiots in the student connect department rejected my credit card.
Have to stop converting or will starve like a monkey in a cherry farm. Hmm... am obviously not getting enough sleep.