Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chinese New Year in a box!

The new year passed without a single pineapple tart... until today.

My mother for the first time heeded my pretenses of "haiyah, dun need to send new year goodies lah, so far, so expensive" and really didn't send anything this time! I only got the token angpow.

Lionel and family, however, took pity on me and decided to send me a box of their homemade pineapple tarts. And so I've been checking my pigeon hole everyday for the last week until I received this:
Of course on seeing the pierre cardin box, I realised I'd give up new year goodies for a new pair of shoes. But it was not to be.
This is aunty's typical way of packing stuff to minimise impact. Also because she says "tissue paper in London very expensive one! Singapore very cheap!"

And to my surprise, it wasn't just pineapple tarts (which thankfully haven't gone mouldy), but also cashew biscuits (my favourite!) and shrimp rolls (which I'm devouring now!).
Finally, some REAL festive cheer!

========================

In other news,

MSoc's CNY dinner was crap

The tiny ISE dinner (which I wasn't present for, but joined later for drinks) was fun and nice to have Hai back.

Shisha and chill out at Chrissy, Jun and Wui Seng's place was a nice way to end the day. No mahjong though. That's the only dissapointment.