Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I want it to be freaking 27 degrees!

Time check: 11.40am
Position check: Under duvet, drawn up to my neck, and a fleece blanket around my icey toes
Next move: What the hell? I am NOT moving!!!

When I turned in at 11pm last night, I resolved to get up at the break of dawn and start working on my interim report. That didn't happen when my brother, who had gone clubbing at Zoo Bar, knocked on my door and woke me up at some time between 4 and 5am. He's currently taking up a lot of the floor space in my room. It makes it difficult to get out of bed and navigate my way to the bathroom. Thus I think I will stay in my pyjamas, thank you.

I resolved again to get up at 9am for accounting lectures at 10. Have you ever tried teaching accounting management to an engineer? We great beings who can understand spectral estimation and empirical mode decomposition of non-stationary waves are completely clueless when you start talking to us about operating costs and insolvency, etc. etc. We think being able to debit and credit items are as good as it gets. Of course it goes without saying that we have incredibly natural management skills... because we're not so fussed about all those social science theories like opportunity costs and what nots. We've already taken it into account, differentiated it and plotted it's spectrum.

To make a long story short - I crawled back under my duvet and decided that the last lecture of Accounting for the term wasn't worth attending. I'll attend the tutorial tomorrow.

Then I thought I'll wake up around lunch time, and get cracking on that annoying interim report. No luck, it's freezing out there and I'm still under my duvet. I know I will eventually have to make it to my department by 1pm because of an entrepreneurship meeting that must go on by hook or by crook. Or Soha will DEAL with me...

Ok, it's about time to budge and face the 12 degrees of cold outside. Brrrrr...