Monday, October 10, 2005

Rather quiet, isn't it?

London is...

.... just as I left it

The vibrant Earl's Court takes some getting used to, and dodging drunken winos is a skill I need to brush up... but you should just see the view from my bedside window! Autumn English backyards in their brilliant reds and golds are certainly worth waking up for.

First weeks are as usual confusing and utterly fluid. Changing time tables, not knowing which electives to take and not being able to find the right rooms for the ArtSoc meeting. Trying to remember names and faces and the one thousand societies I have joined. Trying to find a new phone plan. Trying to figure out how to fix the latch on the bathroom door and how many boxes of files I had altogether because I am quite certain some files are still missing! Trying to plan how I am going to convince 40 ISE students to pick me as year rep instead of the other guy.

It's a lovely way to start off a new term.

Email me for my new address. I'd really appreciate Christmas cards to brighten up my dreary December days.

ps - I do miss home. I really do. I cried on the way back because I won't see my little sister for a year. She's still crying at home.
pps - 6 weeks of home isn't enough. Whatever made me think I can bear 10 straight months without going home?