Sunday, February 06, 2005

If you were the all true engineer type, you might be tempted to plot a graph of my blogging frequency against time and notice a consistent lapse of blogdation during times of impending coursework doom-dates (I find deadlines much too gentle a word).

This time my excuse is the second year EEE Group Project. Do you know what I love about Group Projects? It's actually fun to be researching a topic completely out of your course (in my case - legislation on electronic privacy rights in the UK and US affecting e-commerce, workplace privacy and medical privacy). Do you know what else I love about Group Projects? Nothing else!

I celebrated the end of my group project by attending the SingSoc Chinese New Year dinner and making a tiramisu cake - which was devoured by my housemates and Fidel in a day and a half. My second attempt at making another tiramisu to replace the one the almost instantly vanished was rather poor. When they say too many cooks spoil the broth, the were soooo right! In this case, Lionel, Lu and Fidel taking turns to beat eggs and whip cream resulted in what looked and tasted like egg mayo. Luckily the chocolate cheese cake I made first turned out nicely (like a gigantic chocolate chip cookie in a mixing bowl!), but I'm never letting the guys help me make tiramisu again. Lu tried making meringues out of the leftover eggwhites. Even that strangely failed.

Did I mention I've finally put to rest the M-nite script? Save for a few touch-ups here and there, it's finished! Thus after putting so much blood and sweat into it, not to mention the many nights dreaming that M-nite had only a handful of an audience and I always turned up after the show (which stank!) was over... I think it's only fair that you grace this year's Imperial College Malaysian Night. Script-writing may seem like a trivial task, but script-writing for IC's Malaysian Night (which is a one of a kind!) isn't just about writing dialogue nor story-telling. The times I had to envision how one scene melts into another as smoothly as possible, entrances and exits which didn't clash, the settings and the ability for props to build the stage, using the talents we had to the maximum, trying to fit dances in, songs, stunts, not to mention trying out several witty jokes on people before I picked the best one to put in (thank God I live in a nut-house with a stand-up comedian wannabe... and the crazy boyfriend who wants to read what I'm writing over my shoulder!), I don't think I knew what I was dealing with when I first started!

So, the point of all this is - come for Malaysian Night! All of you! Wherever you are! And only Maggie gets a free ticket for bringing me a stubbornly hard-to-find textbook from India.

By the way, I chose Brussels!