Thursday, February 17, 2005

I'm freezing my little butt off here. Lionel says my butt isn't altogether that little, but that's not the point. The point is that the temperature has decided to dive into the deep end of the freaking ice pool in mid February! Just 2 weeks ago I was so delighted to see daffodils blooming again to mark the beginning of spring... but NO! You cruel, cruel February winds had to crush their delicate little stalks and force them to crouch, pitifully, head down towards the ground.

What's wrong with you February? Can't you at least snow angelically to make up for it?

In accordance to Lionel's 'I will not celebrate Valentine's Day because it is a commercial and expensive affair' I stayed home on the 14th, and instead of a celebration of couple-hood, Lionel and I cooked a nice all-british beef steak dinner for the Flat 1 household. Tis a far better thing to do for others... as Cher would say on Clueless.

My schedule is in shambles. The pressure is on overcook. My msn nick says 'This is a slow and painful way to die' which has caused much alarm from quite a few MSoc people. If you can't guess why I'm slowly dying, take a look at the other committee members and see if you will notice our tempers getting hotter, see if you recognise the depravity of sleep, see if you can pick out our trembling fear...

Less than a month left. One coursework due 2 days before M-nite. One compiler to program 3 days after M-nite. One literature exam to sit for 5 days after M-nite. I am doomed! Really I am!