Friday, April 16, 2004

Picnic Time!
I wasn't born optimistic enough to believe in perfect days. But today would come quite close. Lying on the grass in the sun at Hyde Park, I just can't help but think that in 2 years of ODAC I never really laid back and stared at the clearest of blue skies through hundreds of outstretched fingers of tree branches spotted with budding leaves while fluffy cotton candy clouds roll by sporadically... and forget all about my signals notes, lying miserably inside my bag (you stay in there and stop haunting me!).
I feel terrible for hating the scorching heat of the sun back home. Here I lap up every minute of it. You don't take sunshine for granted in London. Loads of tuna sandwhiches and hot dog buns with HP bbq sauce and onions, a frisbee and a soccer ball and the whole of Hyde Park just seems to belong to us because the sun is out. From soccer to ultimate frisbee to volley ball to captains ball, an entire afternoon just passes by in a blink of an eye. It should be a crime to work on a day like this.

And I shall commit my first offence for the day starting now.